Wednesday, July 8, 2009

South and then North again :)

Short trip to Kerala and we are back in Pune.

Michael and I had a meeting at Deenanaht hospital today to try and set up a collaborative study with a few of the doctors that I met while doing my observations last month. The meeting went very well, lasted almost three hours, and looks promising. 

Tomorrow I am going to collect hopefully the last of my remaining samples and get them to the lab and start running them. The entire process takes 24 hours once I get to the lab so I have only a few days to get the rest of my samples. My results look as expected and I have learned bucket loads from this experience. 

Michael and I had a good time in Kerala. We took a short afternoon trip to a fishing town where we got some great pictures and realized that we are lucky to live where we do. The place was filthy and the ocean water that the fish are living in should not be swam in by anyone much less the food that people are going to consume. Never the less the experience was great, stinky but good, and we enjoyed being back in each others company. 

The hotel in Kerala was gorgeous, as the Taj tends to be. I enjoyed the poolside while Michael worked, and had a few great meals in Kerala. 

I tried just now to post some images, but the connection here is not very remarkable (which I feel has been the story this entire month), so I will try again later.

Enjoy!

Kymberlee




1 comment:

  1. With the conditions of Kerala, what were you able to find to eat that you were comfortable with? Good stuff about your contact at the hospital.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete